Mountain sports, adventure and nature – the Banff Mountain Film and Book Festival is the best known and most renowned mountain film festival in the world. Every year in the fall, international filmmakers, photographers and athletes meet each other at the presentation of the so-called “Outdoor Oscar” in the Canadian town of Banff – for 44 years now. Following on from the festival, a selection of the best films in the context of the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour will travel around the world and conjure up exciting stories on the silver screen.
From February 2020, the Banff has toured with a brand new program and shows a colourful mix from the various disciplines of outdoor and mountain sports. A total of ten films are shown. Spectators can expect impressive nature shots, spectacular action and a good dose of humor.
Besides, there is room for characterful and personal life stories of impressive athletes. The themes of sustainability and environmental protection are also widely discussed in the program. You can get a first impression on the festival trailer above.
Banff Mountain Film shows in the Netherlands:
- 14-04-2020 – 20.00 Lourdes Church Scheveningen, The Hague
- 15-04-2020 – 20.00 Meervaart Theater, Amsterdam
- 16-04-2020 – 19.00 Kinepolis Enschede, Enschede
- 17-04.2020 – 19.00 Kinepolis Jaarbeurs, Utrecht
- 18-04-2020 – 19.00 Kinepolis Groningen, Groningen
- 19-04-2020 – 20.00 Evoluon Eindhoven – Philips Hall, Eindhoven
- 20-04-2020 – 20.00 Theater Rotterdam, Rotterdam
Tickets are available from € 14 in advance at Bever