Haglöfs comes with an innovative outdoor jacket, the V-series Raw Anorak. The fully taped and fluorocarbon-free anorak is strong thanks to the substance in which Vectran is processed. Vectran fibre is five times stronger than steel. The jacket is white because no dyes are used, which saves a lot of water during the production process.
The design focused on simplicity, ultra-long life, protection and durability. The new jacket is made of three-layer shell material made of recycled nylon, developed with Haglöf’s proprietary PROOF technology for complete water and wind protection in harsh conditions.
Jenny Kjellbom, Senior Designer at Haglöfs, explains: “With the V-series Raw Anorak, we have set the bar high and strived for the most ground-breaking, durable and powerful jacket ever made. That’s why we use recycled nylon and Vectran, a wire used in deep-sea reconnaissance cables, for ultra-long life.
This anorak is really different than a traditional outdoor jacket. Even the colour is different, or rather no dye is added. The material has retained its original white colour. By spilling the paint process, we saved a lot of water. ‘
Since its foundation in 1914, Haglöfs has become known for the use of targeted innovation and technology to create premium outdoor equipment. To further extend the boundaries of the company, the V-series was launched, a standalone product concept based on the latest insights from Haglöfs.
The most important specifications
- Fabric: three-layer shell, unpainted, PROOF ECO material. 94% recycled polyamide, 6% Vectran ripstop with PU membrane and a tricot backer
- 149 g / m2 hydrostatic head:> 20,000 mm; moisture permeability (inverted cup):> 10,000 g / m2 / 24 hours
- Vectran ™ reinforced ripstop construction and recycled polyamide: exceptionally strong
- Fluorocarbon-free, DWR treated surfaces to repel water and dirt
- The folded wedge construction at the front of the collar and the opening at the bottom provides maximum protection and unlimited mobility
- Long side zipper and large front pocket with zipper
• Button closure with buttons, with buttons at the back of the hood and on the side of the body for a perfect fit
- Middle back length 97cm (men’s size L)